Friday, January 15, 2016

Tired

I'm, uh, I'm fine. Guys.

I'm not really sure what happened.

I was in my hotel room, looking at those pictures that got slid under the door. Started getting a terrible headache. The worst one I've ever experienced in my life. Ears ringing, puking, the whole nine yards. I was stumbling out of the bathroom when I saw it. The thing from the woods.

It was in the fucking room.

I'm not going to even try and wrap my head around what happened. I looked at it, and it looked at me. It was tall, definitely more than six feet. Antlers on the head. Bright, white eyes. Like headlights. I don't know if they were really lit up or if I was just hallucinating. It had this shroud type thing on over most of it's body, and it fucking reeked of just...forest smell.

It's hard to describe. It was like, tree sap and that nutmeg-type smell you get when you're out in the woods.

After that, I don't remember much. I woke up on the side of the road, about five miles outside town, laying in a puddle of my own vomit. I kept feeling like I had just had a really long dream. You know what I mean, right? That feeling when you wake up and you remember snippets of a dream, but not the whole thing?

I also found this symbol written on my hand in what I'm really hoping is Sharpie. I recognize the symbol too. It was on the back of the book I found back in Mesquite. I'm not really sure what it means, but I don't really have much choice now other than to find out.

I have to know what happened.

This thing, it's something else. I've seen all kinds of monsters all over the country. I've seen shit you wouldn't believe, and very little of it scares me any more. This thing scared me.

There's something wrong in this town.

When I got back to my motel room, I found more of those fucking papers on the floor, along with a dead squirrel. Skinned. It was splayed out on a couple of the sheets, and whatever had done this had taken a pair of sticks and shoved them into it's head. Like antlers.

Talked to ALETHA again. She said that I wasn't the only one that had experienced this. Said she'd have someone drop off a fake license and some money for a pistol. I asked her why I needed one, since I figured this thing could probably take a few bullets.

She said it wasn't for the thing.

She said it was for me.