Monday, January 11, 2016

Redwood Falls: New Developments

Saw something today. Still not sure exactly what it was.

Followed Shirley's instructions to a backwoods road, even further out of town than my hotel was. She said it was called "Dead Man's Turn" or something. Said it had a single black tree standing at the turn where, apparently, a couple had crashed into it and died or some goofy shit like that.

Picture I got of the back of the camp. Most of the tents
and shit were behind me when I took this.
Found the tree, started digging around. Didn't find much at first. Stumbled into one of those campsites. Totally abandoned. Tents, equipment, all of it. Just laying around. Like they'd just vanished into thin air. There was even food still in one of the pots above the dead fire.

Got the chills really bad. Only got one picture before I heard something moving in the bushes behind me. Turned around, didn't see anything at first.

I only noticed the movement when my eyes adjusted to all the shrubbery. Something was crawling around out in the brush. Not like a bear, or a wolf. The movements were human. Like a person, awkwardly crawling across the ground.

Except, the movements were all wrong. It looked like it was injured or something. Moved with a weird loping motion that's hard to describe. Then, I saw it. The antlers. It looked right at me, and I fucking ran. I am not ashamed to admit that. I don't get paid to kill these things. I get paid to find them, and I sure as shit found it.

Still in the motel room now. Not really sure what to think. Head hurts like a motherfucker.