Sunday, January 31, 2016

Trailheads

Alright. Update time. I've been looking through some of the stuff we got out of Cole's house, and it's about what I was expecting.

Well, mostly. At least.

He had a printed off map of the world, which piqued my interest, because he'd marked a few specific locations. Markings in Greenland, Russia, the Caribbean, the Containment Zone, and, somehow, Oregon and Washington. I can't help but feel like that's a little ominous.

Then he had a shitload of incoherent notes. Doodles of antlers, spirals and stuff about Kings and Priestesses or whatever. Weird shit, but that's about par for the course lately. The name "Emissary" was mentioned. That name feels vaguely familiar, but I can't quite place it.

Other stuff wasn't nearly as useful. A copy of "The Temple and the Lodge". Conspiracy theory book, of course. Not a terrible read, from what I skimmed, but not really that useful. Found a gas mask too. Might come in handy. One of the notes mentioned the name "Rosenberg". Evidently Virgil isn't totally full of shit, because the note indicated the Rosenberg was the name of someone that get sent up this way by...someone. The name was scratched out, but I could make out something that looked like "Initiative".

Ok, good. I thought this would be a total bust.

So, as far as I can tell, I'm not the only person in this little charade that's come up this way. There's more children than adults. Rosenberg was working for some kind of Initiative, and I'm guessing he's probably dead. Call it a gut feeling. I've yet to see this Church, or this Father Whitewall guy. Anne hasn't come around the motel much, but I heard something scratching at my door last night. Other than that, it's been strangely calm. Not a comfortable kind of calm, though. The kind of calm that happens right before a hurricane.

I'm so tired, guys. Really.

Every time I go outside, I end up peeling back some new layer of insanity here. This town is like a vortex of crazy, and I'm stuck right in the middle. I haven't slept normally in god knows how long. Haven't seen Virgil much either. I just don't know about any of this anymore, guys. I really don't.

I'm going to try and get some sleep. Deb is keeping watch right now.

Lord knows I need it. I've been living on microwave mac n' cheese and soda for three days. If my cholesterol doesn't kill me, sleep deprivation will.