Monday, February 8, 2016

Aftermath

Managed to hitch a ride back to a different town. Didn't catch the name on the way in, but they've got a cheap hotel, and I'm short on cash, so it'll have to do for now. All I've got left at this point is a gun, a wallet and a phone. The latter is actually the least useful, to be honest. Whoever took us days ago had the sense to wipe everything I'd saved. Pictures, notes, everything. Whatever backups of my data that I had were with me when they caught us.

So, I guess I'm just fucked in that regard. Typical.

I've been checking the news to see if anything about Redwood has come up, and there's nothing. Like the place just dropped off the face of the Earth. I can't say that surprised me, but I would've expected something, anything. You'd think someone would have noticed fucking bombs being dropped on an American town. Hell, it looks like even my blog got seized for a little while.

They didn't delete the posts, so that's something. Seems odd, considering how thorough they've been so far.

I'm going to try and get some sleep, then ask around this place and see if anyone knows about what happened. If Deb's alive, maybe she passed through through here.

I doubt it, but it's worth a shot.