Monday, February 1, 2016

On the Road Again?

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

We've been driving for two hours now. We should have been out of town an hour ago.

There's nothing but trees all around us, and we're down to half a tank now. Ever since we left town, I keep seeing things moving in the woods around us. I can't tell what they are, but they're definitely not Antlers. My cellphone reception is spotty at best now, but we stopped just long enough that I was able to get my setup together and put this out.

I went to get the gun from my jacket, but it's gone. I don't know how, but it's just fucking gone. 

Deb seems like she's in shock. She's barely talking. I keep telling her that she needs to eat, to stop or something so we can figure this out, but every time I do, she just shakes her head and looks in the rearview mirror. I only looked once, but I could have sworn I saw two kids watching us from the side of the road. Anne was standing with them.

We're going on two hours and...four minutes. Every time I check the rearview mirror, Anne and the two kids are a little closer.

....

Fuck me. We just passed the Diner. I can't tell if we're going in circles or if they're just fucking with us now.

I've been telling Deb to stop for a while now, but now I'm telling her to keep driving.

I don't want to see what's in the rearview mirror next.